Saturday, March 10, 2007

Post-vacation hangover

Maybe not hangover, but letdown? Depression? I don't know, but the fact that it's almost 3 PM and I'm still in my pajamas tells me that Houston, we have a problem. I am dead dog-ass tired, Monkey Man actually asked to go upstairs and take a nap without being forced at gunpoint, and Joey has been catnapping all day long. And don't even get my started on that worthless dog of ours, who is currently sunbathing out on the concrete driveway.

The only weekend plan that we have is dinner tonight with David and Yvonne. We're taking Monkey Man along because apparently the Christmas Staff Party for The World's Most Expensive Preschool is tonight. Yes, I know it's March. They do it that way so that the staff can take advantage of making extra money babysitting during the holiday party season, which obviously means that despite what we're paying in tuition most of it is going to mink-lined chairs, caviar and weekly massages for the owners. So this will be a G-rated night for sure since our little tape recorder is going, but at least there will be crab legs involved. Crab legs can cure a lot of ills.

My other issue today, other than being a lazy sack of shit, is that I am a technological numbnut. First of all, I am irritated because a few songs I heard on XM 48 are not available on iTunes. I thought everyone put their shit on iTunes, but obviously not. For example, one song I have been desperately trying to find to download is "Relapse" by 40 Below Summer. The only place you can find it is on their My Space page, and not for downloading, only listening. Another example is "Themata" by Karnivool. I thought everyone put their shit on iTunes, but apparently this isn't the case. And now, I will stop since I've given y'all enough ammunition to use against me and mock me until the end of time. I do tend to gravitate toward music that is kind of dark and crunchy, mostly because it's a great outlet for me and also because when you have stuff like that cranking in your office, people tend to leave you alone because they're afraid of the ax you're hiding behind the filing cabinets. Personally, I prefer a chainsaw, but to each his own.

I'm a little obsessive about music - I keep a pen and small notebook in the car because with stuff like tae kwon do schedules and work meetings running through my head and dealing with traffic I have enough on my mind without trying to remember some random song that I hear on XM all day until I can get home to download it. Not to mention that I limit myself to a certain number of downloads a week, otherwise I'd be in the poorhouse.

In other technological numbnuttedness, I have been tweaking things here and there on this blog and on the Picks and Pans site. Who knows what they will do, I'm not even sure if I did it right. I figure I can always undo what has been done, right?

Or maybe not.

Oh well. Off to defunk and get ready to go.

Tomorrow, a big day here at Builder Mama Headquarters....


If you want to check out "Relapse", go here to check it out...just make sure you don't have your speakers cranked, because one of their songs starts playing the second the page loads!

http://www.myspace.com/40belowsummer

2 comments:

g-man said...

Interesting tunage. Any band that has a song called Alaskan Thunderfuck can't be all bad. :) I am more a classic metal head myself, but always interested in new stuff. Especially now that H got me the iPod for Christmas, AND I figured out how to hook it up to the surround receiver I got for my anniversabirthday.

MamaMaven said...

Who can argue with someone who can use the word numbnuttedness in a sentence. I am surprised you ever emerged out of the fetal position after the last couple of weeks!