Sunday, March 11, 2007

Four score and seven years ago

Actually, it wasn't quite that long ago, although it's seemed that way sometimes. Especially those nights when I can't figure out a single thing to write about which seems to happen more often than not these days.

A year ago today, Builder Mama was born. It was a boring Sunday, I'd been thinking about jumping into blogging for a long time, and I figured I would do it about three weeks and then quit.

And here I am. Still filling the internets with inane chatter.

Someone asked me recently why I started blogging in the first place. There are a multitude of reasons that are way too boring to go into. It's not that I ever thought my life was so noteworthy or cool or that I was seeking fame and fortune. But this blog has brought a lot to my life, especially when my dad was so sick and there were times I could tell y'all how I felt when it was too scary to say out loud. It's helped me reconnect with old friends and make some new friends. And it's taught me that people will come here because they've Googled "geriatric nudist resorts" and other things. Pervs.

So if you're new around these parts or if you're doing naughty Googling and stumbled onto my page, welcome. And if you've been here a while, thanks for coming back. Now you might want to talk to a professional about why you continue to torture yourself this way, but that's all up to you.

7 comments:

joansy said...

Happy Anniversary!

MamaMaven said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Unknown said...

Yeah Liz! It's been a fun year!

MPPs Mom said...

I was just going to post a comment like "happy blogiversary" and think I was all cool and made up a new word. But obviously I'm the freshman blogger, LOL. So I ditto heather. You are one entertaining writer....don't stop!!

HUGS
christina

g-man said...

Here is to many more.

p.s. haven't had a geriatric nudist resorts or boob post in a while. (just saying incase you wanted to expand your readership)

Mitzi Green said...

damn you (and joansy), i followed your link to the vosges website and now i don't know how i'm going to get through the day without maxing out my remaining credit cards with wine & truffles gift box purchases...for myself...

Mrs. Wheezer said...

Happy anniversary!