Sunday, February 25, 2007

Saturday slackers

Yesterday was a great day. We did the Animal Kingdom, and despite our best efforts to only spend a half-day there, we ended up staying all day. The control freak in me must have taken a vacation.

One thing we discovered yesterday is that Monkey Man is actually about a millimeter shorter than 48". You know what this means - he can't ride most of the roller coasters. He was pretty cool about it though. Me, I wanted to cry, but I think that had more to do with my sciatica still raging on.

I love to people watch. And man, there were some doozies yesterday. I can't wait to download one particular picture for y'all to look at. Grandma dressed like a hooker.

We got back to the hotel around 5, took a quick snooze, and then walked over to Old Town in Kissimmee where they have people that bring their old restored cars in to display and then they have a parade. There's a really good little pizzaria there called Flippers that we ate at last year, so that was our dinner. Lots of garlicky goodness.

Today is Discovery Cove. I have been looking forward to this day for weeks. All you do is swim with tropical fish and eat great food and drink beer all day. Beer is good. Bourbon would be better, but this place is run by my good friends at Anheuser-Busch and they don't make bourbon. They totally should, though.

Off to shower while the other two still snore.

No comments: