Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dirty girl

That was me. Until about an hour ago.

I spent almost all day today working in the project archives at the office. One of the least fun chores ever, but something that had to be done. Legally, we have to keep things five years and then they can be tossed. There was still shit from 1975 in there. So starting last week, all the ladies in the project management group chipped in and today we finished at last. And hopefully by the next time the archives need tending to again, I'll either be dead or retired.

So I went in the bathroom to wash my hands, and it was like watching black water go sliding down the drain. My hands haven't been that dirty in a long, long time. Poop and/or vomit don't count. And of course, I still had about two hours left at the office so I sat there at my desk and felt itchy.

But it was okay. I was fine. Until Christine, my partner in crime, came in and told me that she had found a bug in her pants. A bug. In her pants. So then I was not only itchy, but felt like I had critters crawling all over me too.

I couldn't get home fast enough to hose down with lots of super hot water and soap. And a Brillo pad. But you know how that goes - I still feel itchy and kind of gross. I hate that!

The boys are getting a haircut tonight. So I am alone in the house, the dog is outside barking at God knows what, and it is blissfully silent. Aaaah. Okay, that's enough of that. A little Sevendust and it's all good. Now I feel like I should be itchy and gross.

So I haven't talked about music for like two posts now, right? My latest downloads (over the past few weeks):

"Mojo" by Peeping Tom. Yeah, it's about doing drugs. But I like it, it's got a good groove. And the little Britney Spears dig at the end doesn't hurt either.

"The Older I Get" by Skillet. It makes me giggle that I'm listening to music by a band named after something I cook Hamburger Helper in, but I love this song.

"Driven" by Sevendust. I love Sevendust. 'Nuff said.

And there are a bunch of others, some stuff from a few years ago that I guess I missed out on the first time. I have a lot of catching up to do. But you know what group makes me want to ram an ice pick in my head? Hinder. That damn song "Lips of an Angel" makes me want to smack the shit out of somebody. Jackass, does he really expect us to feel sorry for him because his girlfriend is in the other room and he can't talk to the ex-girlfriend? Boo fucking hoo. And the rest of their stuff is just formulaic crap.

Ahem.

This weekend, we will discuss my dating advice to my coworker. Helping someone pick out condoms when they haven't bought any since, oh probably 1993, is pretty entertaining. And I am sure that I will have a few bitter comments about my yearly performance review which is scheduled for 9:30 tomorrow morning (with my boxes packed promptly by 9:35 AM).

Off to rock out.

4 comments:

g-man said...

In the condom isle watch out for that warming stuff by Play. Too much and you will burn hers his and anyone within a half block radius crotch clean off!

Glad you feel clean. I will have to check out some of your bands. Maybe you can e-mail me a sample of some of your fav's. Since I got my iPod I have been looking for new stuff.

Gretchen said...

I always thought it was "Lisp of an Angel." Shows you how much I pay attention.

Happy Friday!

MamaMaven said...

You are seriously rockin' there Builder Mama!

Its 10:06, hope that your performance review wasn't as painful as you expected!

Unknown said...

I hate old paperwork film. I am cringing just thinking about it. In fact, I think I will go wash my hands right now.