Sunday, November 05, 2006

Turning a corner

It seems as though Monkey Man has pulled himself up by his bootstraps and finally turned the corner.

Yesterday morning, he took his last dose of the codeine-laced painkillers and then didn't take anything else until some Tylenol around dinnertime. Then one more dose of Tylenol before hitting the sheets and he slept straight through the night.

Yesterday's food count: 1 container of yogurt, two Eggo Cinnamon Toast waffles, half of a ham sandwich, a container of applesauce, a Gogurt, some chicken, a piece of soft toast with jelly, and about half a gallon of milk.

That's more than the kid has eaten in weeks. Seriously.

This morning was our weekly trip to Cholesterol Central and he wolfed down a waffle and some toast with a glass of milk. Now he's working on a frappucino.

He has that twinkle in his eye again. This morning he wanted to walk across the street and look at the new house under construction and he was running through the living room like a crazy lunatic. It's all good.

*****

Friday morning, my in-laws showed up in the morning to stay with Monkey Man so that I could actually go to work. Now, y'all know that I love my in-laws just about as much as a good case of hemmorhoids, so you can imagine how much my stomach was hurting just thinking about them not only coming for the day, but spending the night too.

And ya know what? It wasn't that bad.

I can't believe I'm saying that. I am really getting soft lately.

*****

And, in our latest example of stellar parenting, we decided to take a little break from all of the ickiness of our lives and go out for a few hours yesterday. So we got a babysitter and headed out to the mall.

Joey was nice enough to buy me a few things so that I can have something decent to wear to work. All my shit from last fall literally hangs off me and borders on indecent exposure. Not that the guys mind. But since I haven't been pulling in a paycheck lately, I haven't had any extra bucks to spend on cute stuff - it's going toward my bills and general upkeep of me. So it was nice to come home yesterday and lay all the cute stuff out on the bed and then roll all over it. Yeah, I'm pathetic.

Then we adjourned to the great Mexican place for a kickass lunch of tequila. Yes, people, we got hammered at lunch yesterday. We haven't done that in a long, long time (at least since Cabo, ha ha).

I was so relaxed by the time we got home yesterday that I was almost sad about the day ending. But you know, the way things are looking up, I think we'll be able to do a lot more fun things soon. Very soon.

2 comments:

Tanaya said...

Love those child free liquid lunches. Glad things are looking up!

Mrs. Wheezer said...

I am so happy to hear Monkey Man is feeling better!

LOL rolling around on cute clothes.