Friday, August 24, 2007

My dad rocks

From an email that my dad sent me:


"I was watching "This Old House" last week and they were building a house in Austin, Texas and they were going 'green' and trying to get a top score. They explained all of the things they had to do to get a top score. Now I understand more of what you go through at work. Mom and I are very proud of you! Love, Dad"


He made me cry.


And, by the way, I did make it to 10%. 10.03%, to be exact. And I'm crossing every appendage available that the second audit doesn't throw any more ugly surprises my way. Not to mention the fact that I'm putting all of it together and throwing that bitch in FedEx this morning so I can get it behind me.


Today's highlights - work (ugh), laser treatment, come home and make a pie, and dinner with Joey, Monkey Man, Cat Door and Mrs. Cat Door. That should be fun, if they actually follow through and show up at the restaurant - which we all know how they are, so it's a 50/50 shot.

Happy Friday, y'all. Make it a good one.

3 comments:

Tree said...

Good job on the 10.03%!!!

Your dad does indeed rock.

What kind of pie?

My money says they will show up.

joansy said...

Congrats on the 10.3!
congrats on the note from your dad!
Pie, mmmmmm.

MamaMaven said...

That was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes. Hope they show.