Thursday, March 24, 2011

The horse and the barn

Yesterday was school picture day. Monkey Man and I picked out a very simple outfit - light blue t-shirt and jeans with no holes in them. He wanted his hair combed by me for a change, which is a challenge in and of itself because his head is full of cowlicks...just like his mama's. Our hair is like a daily surprise - you never know what you're going to get.

In addition to Pose C (which was the least cheesy of the poses to choose from), they took a class photo. He was very excited about the class pose - I'm not sure if it was the chance to have the picture taken with his best bud Quentin, or the thought that just maybe he'd be next to his secret crush Mollie.

Side note: Apparently a "secret crush" isn't really secret with half of the third grade knows she likes you.

After the school day was over, we met Joey for an ungodly early dinner and then Monkey and I went to the local ice cream place to pick some up and take home. As we were standing outside waiting on our order, all of a sudden Monkey looks down and notices his zipper is down.

"The horse is out of the barn!" he yelped, pulling up his zipper.

"Huh. How long do you think your zipper has been down like that?"

"Um.....since after lunch.....and before the class picture....."

"Eh," I shrugged. "You're the tallest in the class, so I bet you were in the back, right?"

He nodded yes. "Then you're all good." I gave him a big hug.

I'm just waiting for either the call from the school or when the picture comes out. Class picture FAIL.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Keene said...

Uh oh. Too funny that he said "the horse is out of the barn." :)

My little guy's class photo is next week and I'll be sure to remind him to XYZ PDQ. :)

Janet said...

Nothing to worry about. That's what Photoshop is for. I'm sure there's a special "fly tool."

Becky said...

Oh those wonderful days of childhood! They grow up to fast!