Tuesday, November 25, 2008


It's been a hectic week. And it's only Tuesday.

Monday, I came into work to find out that EPOD had gotten a call from Brandon (Chachi's replacement) over the weekend that his father had passed away very unexpectedly. It was a huge, huge shock - I knew Brandon had gone to his parents' for the weekend since his sister was flying in from Minnesota. I'm glad they were able to be there with their mother, and his brother was also able to come in from Florida.

So we launched into crisis mode since we don't know how long he'll be gone. I get the impression that he is the pillar of the family, the one who always wrangles the problems to the ground. So I think his mom is going to need him a lot in the months to come.

Meanwhile, the sucky economy is playing havoc on a lot of our subcontractors so I have been inundated with phone calls begging for early payment. It sucks because WE don't have the money, either...we pay the subcontractors when we get paid, it's very standard in the industry (or at least in these parts). I've worked on the subcontractor side before, and I feel their pain - and there's not much I can do to help. By 3 PM today I had stopped answering the phone since I was getting nothing done.

I need to make two pies tomorrow when I get home. I left the damn pie crust and sour cream in the fridge at work. And I'm out of foil.

Instead of whining about everything, though, I have a good Monkey Man report. He is sleeping. And not coughing, knock on wood. I actually went in his room on Sunday night to watch him sleep for about 10 minutes and was astonished at how much better his quality of sleep has become. No snoring, no tossing and turning, and just slow and steady breathing. He wakes up in a much better mood, isn't nodding off in the car when he sits still for longer than 2.7 seconds, and is overall just looking better. He says he feels better.

And now I'm wondering...what took so long for us to realize what was wrong? Huh.

My brother Dave is flying in tonight at midnight for the rest of the week. I am super excited. It has almost taken the pain of the upcoming Forced In-Law Interaction away. And my parents are coming in tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving for the first time in a long, long, long time.


g-man said...

Happy Turkey day tomorrow. Enjoy the visit with your family. We'll be having dinner with another family in town, so we wont have to cook or clean, woo hoo!! Hopefully H and the girls will be over being sick and the boys wont catch it at all.

Kim said...

I'm so glad MM is sleeping so much better :)