Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy hump day

Minus the humping, of course. This is a family show.

So yesterday, I found out that I will have not one, not two, but three new projects starting. All in May. With two team members leaving in June and/or July. So much for my plans of a leisurely summer filled with internet surfing and long lunches, huh?

It's kind of a running joke among my friends and myself. I've been doing this gig for so long that I have it down to a science - not to mention we have so many freaking people on our team that it's been like a big vacation for the past four years that I've worked for EPOD. My last job required me to do pretty much everything except drive a backhoe, so this is like a freaking piece of cake. And as I tell Cat Door all the time, if I get in a good two or three hours of work at the office it's been a productive day.

You may hate me now.

So look forward to much whining and complaining over the next few months as I am ripped away from online shopping and forced to actually put in a whole day's work. Maybe this will bode well for me getting another raise in October after all...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sucks to be you.