Tuesday, July 17, 2007

All quiet on the homefront

It's been a quiet day. Well, other than Chachi slamming through my filing cabinets all afternoon. Oh, and saying that the submittal log I took two days to put together is a steaming pile of shit.

Have I mentioned lately that I want to kill him?

I really don't have anything even remotely entertaining to write about today, but I did want to give an update on Cat Door's sister, Whitney.

She got out of the hospital on Saturday morning - then her sister packed her suitcase and drove her here for a quick visit to Cat Door's place to pick up the key to his beach place, and the two sisters were going to the beach for the week and a little peace and quiet. No husbands, no kids. Sounds like just what the doctor ordered. In the meantime, Cat Door is going up there to help her family move before she comes home. I suspect that she'll have a rough time next week with all the post-moving stress, but I think they're getting closer to getting her meds adjusted properly.

The relief in his voice today was palpable. Not to mention he was feeling spunky enough to tell me about the new juicer he bought the wifey, in which she's been making all kinds of horrid concoctions involving things like kale. On the plus side, he says, he has good solid poop now.

And people wonder why we're friends. Although I think today was maybe even a little too TMI for me. I liked it way more when he would tell me about his prostate problems.

2 comments:

Esmerelda said...

I luvs me a good solid poop, once or twice a day.

MamaMaven said...

Glad to hear that Whitney is doing better and Cat Door is regular :)