Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I can hardly wait for tomorrow's phonecall from preschool

Tonight in the bathtub:

Monkey Man: Mommy, what does b-o-t-t-y spell?

Me: Nothing.

Monkey Man: Are you sure?

Me: What do you think it spells?

Monkey Man: Booty!

Me: No, booty is spelled b-o-o-t-y.

Monkey Man: (exasperated) See, I told all my friends that they were spelling booty wrong! And then I told them that I'd come home and ask you how to spell it. I can't wait to tell them tomorrow!

Great. Just great. I am such a role model.

6 comments:

TxGambit said...

LMAO! That is totally funny. Aren't kids great!

EJ

g-man said...

Ok, so it goes like this ...

me stubbing my toe - (singing) "I love a parade!"

5 year old- "Daddy, why did you say 'I love a parade'?"

me- "So I wouldn't say a bad word."

5 - "Like 'shit!' ?"

me- "yeah, like that one."

MamaMaven said...

Nice to know your kid is the best speller at the world's most expensive preschool :)

Mitzi Green said...

um, yeah--my kid does a "booty dance." at school.

Tanaya said...

Heard at my house last week, "...shake your booty like you just don't care..." I'm thinking the spelling thing is next.

Her Daddy's Eyes said...

HAHAHAHA! This is SOOO funny. It's interesting to hear the OTHER side of things. I was a Kindergarten teacher for 6 years and had many things like this come up! Too funny!

~Eyes