Wednesday, December 27, 2006

It was like Santa took a big fat dump down my chimney

That's what it felt like when I pulled in the parking lot at work today and found EPOD's rental car there. Did I mention that he crashed his car last week?

Then the other guy I work for came in too. Both of them were supposed to be off today, yet both of them were there "catching up" so that they could be on vacation at the end of this week. Translation: So much for my plans to screw off today, and it looks like the rest of the week will be pretty crappy as well. EPOD's outbox alone was about 3" deep by the end of the day, and I didn't even check Dave's but with the volume of paper he normally produces, it won't be much better. Ugh.

The best part of my day was having Joey and Monkey Man come visit me in the office during their Worldwide City Tour of 2006. Seriously, I don't think there was a single part of the city that they didn't touch today, and the poor kid zonked out in the Pimp Mobile around 4:30. Never a good move, because now he is wound up tighter than a clock.

And the second best part? The second part of my Birthday/Christmas/10th Anniversary present finally arrived.

He is soooo gonna get lucky.

Tomorrow's the big day. Dinner reservations at Morton's for just the two of us. I can't believe he's put up with my stupid ass for 10 years!

Anyhow, more on that tomorrow. Right now I have to continue shoveling out because Reyna comes tomorrow and I can almost envision her shaking her head and thinking "do these motherfuckers EVER do anything around here?"

6 comments:

Esmerelda said...

That, my friend, is a RING!

Do him once for me, just for having the pleasure of looking at the picture!

MamaMaven said...

Beautiful! Big, huge points for Joey! Congratulations on 10 years!

g-man said...

Do him three times and you will get one next year too! Congrats. I'm sure our Betty is the same way, although after my MIL has been here she will be in and out in a few minutes.

Tanaya said...

Zoinks! That is my kinda of gift! Props to Joey.

Tree said...

Gorgeous!!!!! Lovin' it.

Mrs. Wheezer said...

Gorgeous!