Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Thursday throwdown

What a week. Don't ask.

*****

Uh, what are you doing down there?

So, the waxing thing didn't go so well today.

As in now I look like a prepubescent girl, which is definitely not the look I was going for.

I hadn't been in to see Joanne for a while, and when she asked me how I wanted it, I said "do it tight like you normally do."

And all I could think was "Holy crap, sister, I don't think you can get any closer with that hot wax!"

I think it will take a while before I have to go back.

And that's all I have to say about that.

*****

Deck the halls

Tonight I got a bug up my ass and decided to get all the Christmas stuff out and put the tree up. I got most of it done - at least the tree is up and decorated, candles in the windows, wreaths on the doors, and a few of my little knick-knacks are out. Is it bad to feel so unmotivated every year about decorating?

I still have more to do, but this may be it for this year. Monkey Man thinks what we have is beautiful, so who am I to question his judgement?

Not to mention that I'm lazy and hate putting the stuff up and taking it down. The year we had our house on the market at Christmas was the best year ever because I didn't have to decorate at all. Bah humbug.

*****

Place your bets now

Allegedly, we are supposed to go out to dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Cat Door M tomorrow night. I say allegedly because she is notorious for having a last-minute freakout about something that then makes them call and cancel. One time they were supposed to go to dinner with us and SG and Mrs. SG, and the excuse was that Mrs. Cat Door had a business trip to pack for. That was seven days away. (rolling eyes)

So when I talked to M this morning, I asked him if there were going to be any last-minute cancellations due to stomachaches, business trips two months away that she has to pack for, or one of the other umpteen excuses she's used on us and our other friends since we all met. "Hey, I have zero control over the queen of the universe," he grumbled.

Place your bets now - choices are:

A. They will cancel at the last minute because she is "sick/too tired/freaking out."
B. They will go, but she will be a flaming bitch the entire night (this is what happened last time).
C. They will go, and everyone will have a lovely time.

I love him to death, but damn is she a flake job. Too bad he can't leave her ass at home. Is that bad?

*****

Night. Must exfoliate.

No comments: