Sunday, October 22, 2006

Okay, I've officially had enough

It's official.

I'm about to lose my fucking mind.

After I got back from meeting my sister yesterday, I noticed that this gunk seemed to have moved into my throat. And then my chest.

So after listening to me hacking all night and all morning, Joey kindly kicked my ass out into the freezing rain and made me go back to the doctor.

Diagnosis: Asthmatic bronchitis, and one step away from a trip to the hospital. Received a breathing treatment, an inhaler, steroids, and some strong antibiotics and told not to work for at least two days. (Eeyore will just love tonight's phone call....) How does one get asthmatic bronchitis when you're not asthmatic, I wonder?

Off to crash on the couch. And pray for death. Or at least for Panera to offer home delivery because I could really use some broccoli cheese soup right now.

2 comments:

Mitzi Green said...

damn, girl--enough, already.

i made potato soup tonight--i'd gladly bring you some but i don't think it would travel THAT well.

get better, or i'll send flava flav to your house to sing ballads to you until you either get better just to escape him or die.

joansy said...

Freaky. I developed asthmatic bronchitis last year which stunned the hell out of me as I had never had asthma or bronchitis before. That inhaler still resides in my purse and I still use it when I'm around a lot of cigarette smoke. I hope it does the trick for you and hope that you're feeling well soon.