Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Medically-induced coma

Or at least that's what it seemed like.

Guess what time I fell asleep on the couch last night? 7:30 PM, people. That's pathetic. Even more pathetic was that my son brought me a pillow and my favorite quilt so I could keep on sleeping. I knocked down a 10-hour night last night, something I haven't done in at least five years, and now I have the sleep hangover to prove it.

The weekend totally kicked my tail. The good news is that I finished decorating my family room and finished the main work on my biggest kitchen curtain and got it hung. I think it's a little too long but I think I can adjust it with minor trouble. The house looks fabulous - to the point where our normal babysitter almost fell to the floor when she walked in with shock that we had *gasp* curtains hung. And pictures. And new lamps. New table runner on the coffee table. New accessories including some snazzy hurricane lanterns with pebbles in them, thanks to Cat Door M and his design studio (as in his opinion that no room is complete without candles and rocks).

My biggest brag for the weekend? I hung the curtain rods, 7' off the ground, including drywall anchors, all by myself with NO POWER TOOLS. Eat it, Martha Stewart. Oh yeah, and I used the table saw and power sander all by my lonesome while Joey was drooling in the recliner in the Man Room.

You know it's a big deal when after 3 lemon drop martinis Cat Door M says, "Hey, didn't you hang curtains in here?" Yeah, it's that noticable if even Mr. Clueless Wonder notices before his wife does.

More on the weekend later. For now it's back to the grind. Good thing I had to come back to work yesterday so I could at least get started on catching up on my rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are woman and I hear you roar! Very happy for you and the new look. The sleep was all the more peaceful in such a nicely decorated home I would bet.

Erika

Gretchen said...

YOU ROCK! Now, where are the pictures?