Tuesday, July 11, 2006

How to scare the crap out of a man

Today, 3:12 PM....

Me: Hey, Eeyore? I need to ask an enormous favor.

Eeyore: Mmm hmm? (visibly irritated)

Me: Um, I've been trying to get my doctor's office to call in a prescription for me but they won't do it, so I have to go in.

Eeyore: Ooooookay....

Me: And the only time they can take me is either 4:00 today, or 11:20 tomorrow morning. I know the timing kind of sucks since I had to leave early yesterday, but I really need to go.

Eeyore: (gaining interest) Is everything okay? Do you feel all right?

Me: (blushing) Um, yeah. Just some female problems...

Eeyore: (visibly horrified) Take the 4:00. See you tomorrow.

Mission accomplished. He seriously looked like he wanted to scrub his brain with a brillo pad.

1 comment:

Mrs. Wheezer said...

I've seen that look , LOL. Right after I tell a guy that I've been pumping milk for my baby (and they say women ask too many questions).