Sunday, June 04, 2006

Saving me from myself

On Friday, I found out that one of my bestest friends in the galaxy is coming to visit me next weekend. I am so excited that I feel like I’m going on a first date with someone. What will I wear? Should I get a pedicure?

Joey will be on a 5-day Manstravaganza involving four-wheelers and lots of mud and probably lots of liquid refreshment up in the mountains somewhere. Thank God my friend is coming because as I’ve displayed in the past, when Joey goes out of town I tend to get a little out of control like buying $500 in bathmats or sitting through a Lifetime TV marathon drowning my loneliness in a vat of chocolate pudding, or deciding to rearrange all of the furniture in the house. Blindfolded. While drinking a gallon of vodka. Yeah, it’s not a good thing.

So, there still might be some vodka involved, but definitely no furniture moving. On Friday night, I'm taking her and six of my girlfriends to a wine-tasting benefit and then probably out for a little more debauchery afterwards. I forsee a little shopping, hanging out at the pool, and just relaxing for the weekend.

I can't freaking wait.

No comments: