Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Going out in the field

I'll be MIA for a few days while I'm in Boston visiting the PIMs...and probably won't have access to a computer while I'm gone, so I'll be sure to make some mental notes of the craziness that ensues and report back from the field on Sunday.

*****

Somebody needs to restock the first aid cabinet

I bought new shoes yesterday – some cute little sandals, one pair in black and a different style in brown. I decided against my better judgment to wear the black ones today and by 8:12 AM I had already applied six band-aids to my feet. Total count for the day: eight band-aids, including two that replaced some of the original six.

Vanity, thy name is Liz. I had even packed my comfy old flat sandals in the car today and refused to put them on. I'll be sorry tomorrow.

*****

Speaking of vanity…

I went back for another bikini wax today. I dosed up with about a half bottle of Motrin before I went. All I can say is that it’s a good thing I wore those painful new shoes today, because it took my mind off the fact that my nether regions were throbbing. A new girl did it today and did a much better job of not globbing wax everywhere like the last girl did…not to mention that I didn’t tear up nearly as much after she did my brows. She even touched up my makeup after it was over, so it was a much better experience. Between the makeup help and the fact that a perfectly good pair of panties wasn't ruined by wax, I am a happy camper. Well, I am now that the pain is almost gone.

*****

Crying in my beer

The official job offer came through today and once the benefits and such were spelled out it was somewhat disappointing. I'm e-mailing a few questions for clarification tomorrow and will be giving them an answer when I return from Boston, but right now they would have to make some major adjustments in order for me to accept the job. I would have to give up a lot of benefits from my current job that give me a good quality of life, and the salary increase isn't enough to negate losing those benefits.

I'm disappointed, but sometimes things happen for a reason, right? Or at least that's what I'll be trying to convince myself of this weekend when I'm curled up with my bottle of Blanton's.

Have a great rest of the week, y'all. I'll be trying to behave myself. Note that I said trying.

1 comment:

Julie Marsh said...

Have a FABULOUS time in Boston. I will miss seeing you and the rest of our PIMs. Please drink a few for me.

I don't blame you for your decision re the job. Quality of life is one of those intangibles that (almost) no amount of money can counteract.

And your blister story reminded me of the first time I wore my Docs. Walking from the subway, I thought, damn my feet really do hurt. Up in the office I realized I was BLEEDING. Yikes.