Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Shoot me now

I promise to do a better post tomorrow, when husbands and Monkey Men are well on their way to spend the night at Granny and PaPa's house and I am blissfully alone with a fifth of bourbon and some chocolate pudding. Those are two of the major food groups, aren't they? And maybe if I'm feeling really adventurous (drunk), I'll throw some Easy Cheese in there too and cover all of the bases.

All I can say about today is this - make note of this for your own use, if you will:

Note to self: Do not write phone number of headhunter on Post-It and leave it on the keyboard of your laptop. In addition, do not include a list of information that the headhunter wants from you along with your resume.

Discovery of said Post-It resulted in being accosted in the parking lot after lunch, followed by a two-hour version of the Spanish Inquisition conducted by Eeyore. Two hours of my life that I can't get back. In addition to the three other "mentoring" sessions he's dragged me into for the past several weeks because he is afraid that my review is driving me to find a new job. I am being "mentored" to death.

I am just exhausted. Exhausted to the point of being a drooling pile of flesh. And for some reason, this scene from one of the Looney Tunes cartoons between Bugs and Daffy Duck keeps running through my mind....

Bugs: Do you want me to shoot you now, or wait until we get home?
Daffy: Shoot me now, shoot me now!

I'm with you, Daffy.

No comments: