Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Suddenly, it all became clear...

Today, while visiting Bobby, My Fabulous Gay Hairdresser-Slash-Therapist in order to get my horrendous roots touched up, we got to talking about funny movies:

Bobby: I just love a good funny movie, especially old movies.

Me: Yeah! The other day I caught "Some Like it Hot" on AMC which is one of my favorite movies ever!

Bobby: Isn't that the one with Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe?

Me: And Tony Curtis, too. Have you ever seen it?

Bobby: Bits and pieces, I don't think I've ever seen it. Doesn't Marilyn sing in that movie?

Me: Well, it's not really her singing.

Bobby: Thaaat's right, there was that Marni...um...

Me: Marni Nixon. She sang for a lot of the stars back then like Marilyn, Audrey Hepburn...

Bobby: And that girl that was in "The King and I," what was her name?

Me: I think her name was Deborah Kerr. Yup, I think she sang for her too.

Bobby: Liz, are you gay? You know an awful lot about musicals....

Yup, I think that answers a lot of questions. I'm a gay man trapped in a woman's body. Either that or I have such a command of 1950's musicals that it's scary.

No comments: