Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The final countdown

It's finally here.

Chachi's last day is Friday.

I hate to admit it, but I'm actually going to miss that guy. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that he would've turned out to be worth half a shit, but he did. And now, he's off to fame and fortune in Chicago as he pursues an MBA at Northwestern. Lucky dog.

He seriously agonized over his decision for months. Finally, one day he came in my office and asked me for my opinion. I'm not sure what he expected me to say, although in all likelihood he probably thought I'd talk him out of it. What I ended up telling him was...go. Go while you can. Go while you have just yourself and your wife to worry about, no student loans, parents in good health, and the freedom to be able to do it. Yeah, he's going to rack up an assload of debt, but I think in the long run he'll be a lot happier.

EPOD, of course, tried to talk him out of it. I'm not sure if it was jealousy that Chachi has decided to go into something other than construction (well, he wants to be a developer so it is involved in a way but then again like a whole new world), or wanting to hold onto Chachi since we've had pretty much every other team member slowly migrate out of the office.

Anyhow, today I helped him sort through the piles of plans and samples in his office and tried to figure out where we were going to put everything since some other project manager has already laid claim to his office. I'm less than enthused because honestly, the guy is kind of a jerk and has the personality of a rock for the most part. At least with Chachi I had comic relief at all times. The guy could always find something to laugh about, which when you're working with Eeyore, Prince of Darkness, is vital to not wanting to go home and stick your head in the oven.

I'm going to miss him, dammit.

So while we might not be best friends...I'm hoping that I'll hear from him every now and then to let me know how he's doing. I know he'll do great.

2 comments:

g-man said...

Since I apparently forgot to hit the "submit" button on my comment last week with regard to your returning to blogging I will be sure to hit it now.

I'm sure that you will find something to entertain yourself with the new guy, even if if is just in your own head. :)

I hate to bring it up but the fact remains that you have not mentioned (or for that matter posted pictures of) your boobs in quite some time.

Love ya, mean it!

MamaMaven said...

My husband, the boob man :) I am so glad you are back as well. I am sure you will whip the new guy into shape--either that or run him outta town!