Sunday, March 02, 2008

Reemerging from the house of sickness

Now, that was awfully rude of me to just up and disappear, wasn't it?

Sorry.

The trip to Vegas went off without a hitch. No one fought, no one got arrested, and I think I gained about 10 pounds from all the damn fine food we ate. Seriously, we had some of the most amazing meals including a "dry aged" prime strip steak at Morels Steakhouse at the Palazzo. Heaven, I tell you.

We saw Wayne Brady. If you ever get the chance to see him, sell a kidney and get a ticket. It was worth every damn penny.

We saw George Carlin too. Very disappointing. He was good for about 15 minutes (like as long as a Tonight Show segment) and then after that I kept looking at my watch and wondering when he was going to be done. Did you realize he is 70? So the routine about getting old was hilarious, but the rest - well, not so much.

I got to have lunch with the always awesome Joansy. There is never enough time, she is so much fun to hang out with! If only we lived closer, although we'd probably meet for martini lunches so often that I'd lose my job so maybe I should rethink that idea.

Meanwhile, back home, the bathroom renovation got off to a bang-up start. As in as we were pulling out of the driveway, Cat Door was breaking our tub into a zillion pieces and grunting like a caveman. What is it about tearing shit up that makes guys so happy? Anyhow, he got done exactly what I thought he would complete, and tomorrow is the BIG DAY where the tile is finally here and they will get started on that. I figure that maybe by the end of March we will be totally done with the whole shebang...this includes demo-ing the old shower and making a closet out of it.

I came home with a sick husband to a sick child. Therefore there was very little sleep in the house last week, and I decided to take the liberty of not doing much of anything except surviving without killing anyone. So far, so good. And both are feeling better, thank you very much.

The dog pissed in our basement. I think the combination of being left loose in the basement by the babysitter combined with Cat Door's incessant hammering literally scared the piss out of him. Luckily, Cat Door volunteered to clean up the piss and will also pay to have all of our carpets cleaned for us once construction is done. This is if I don't kill him first. Positive thinking, folks!

So, that's the big picture. And now that (knock on wood) everyone seems to be doing better and I'm getting some sleep, hopefully I can string more than two or three words together.

3 comments:

MamaMaven said...

Glad you are back. Was starting to have BM withdrawl!

Mitzi Green said...

i was wondering if, perhaps, you had died. glad to see you're alive and well (and not incarcerated).

Unknown said...

We saw Wayne Brady about 8 years ago, he was AWESOME.

Happy homecoming.