Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I possibly might need to rethink the music I'm playing while certain people are in my car

Yesterday afternoon, we were riding down the road - just me and the Monkey Man. Usually, I have a CD in of music I've burned off of iTunes or I'm listening to XM radio - however, I have to be careful when I'm listening to the Squizz because they tend to do some really funny shit but they drop a lot of cussbombs. If my kid's gonna learn cussin' from anybody, it's gonna be from me, dammit.

We're cruising down the road and a voice pipes up from the back seat...singing loudly and clear as a bell:

I hold on so nervously
To me and my drink
I wish it was cooling me
But so far, has not been good
It’s been shitty
And I feel awkward, as I should....*

Hmm, I think. Maybe a different song? I push the forward button to the next track.

Paaaaaain - without love
Paaaaaain - can't get enough
Paaaaaain - I like it rough
Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at allllll....**

Crap. Maybe the next track?

Hot shot, walkin' up and down the block
I like it how her mini-skirt keeps climbin' up
She turns boys into toys, winnin' all of their affection
She gives me such a shock, baby, I am no exception
I always get too shy each time she give me the eye
I got it bad but it's getting worse, I can't deny
She makes me... forget my name
She makes me... forget my name....***

Oh, maybe this one's not so bad. Until...

I wanna...I wanna...I wanna... BURN IN HELL WITH YOU!

I guess I might need to buy him something like High School Musical or something. I can't help but laugh, though. Is that wrong?

*****
Keepin' it real - and giving credit where credit is due:
*Paralyzer by Finger Eleven
**Pain by Three Days Grace
***Forget My Name by Danko Jones

And those are the clean songs. Geez.

2 comments:

g-man said...

Oh baby been there!! (With those sons to boot from my Builder Mama CD. I have a playlist on my iPod that is called "Kids In Car" I still need to go through it because there are still some songs that have slipped through (Love in an elevator by Aerosmith for instance.) We do groove to I wanna Rock by Twisted Sister, and Make you Sweat by C+C Music factory.

Ah the joy of hearing you 6 year old daughter belting off Dee Snider.

Mitzi Green said...

yeah, ben gave me all kinds of static for listening to joan jett sing about how she doesn't give a damn about her bad reputation while bob was in the car. but now my car cd player is on the fritz, so i guess it's a non-issue...