Sunday, August 05, 2007

If nothing else, I have abided by our family motto

Which would be - If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

We're back, obviously - came rolling in on Friday night after spending like 10 hours on the road since Joey got suckered into going to a prebid in Blacksburg, Virginia that ate up about two hours of our day.

When we got home, I didn't really feel great. Kind of headachy, exhausted, and I ended up falling asleep in a chair in some funky position. I've done it before with no problems, so I just curled up and zonked out.

Yesterday morning, I woke up kind of stiff (I had moved into our bed around midnight). We took Joey to breakfast for his birthday and then he went off on an annual all-guy weekend with some of his Rotary friends while Monkey Man and I decided to take advantage of the state-tax-free weekend here and get his school supplies list knocked out.

Great idea in theory, but what I should've done is take my twingy back home and rested and THEN headed out later. But I'm not exactly the brightest match in the pack.

As I was unloading stuff from the basket, I felt it. I haven't felt it in over three years. My damn sciatica came on full force and I ended up walking out to the car like an old lady, couldn't get Monkey Man buckled into his carseat without almost killing myself, and had a heck of a time getting myself into the car and driving. (Note to Toyota - the fact that you don't have the buckle of the seatbelts stationary in the backseat versus slipping down into the asscrack of the backseat makes me hate you just a little right now....)

But did I head home at this point? Noooo. I had determined that I was going to buy a birthday cake from the good grocery store that is closed on Sundays, and maybe even get some yummy chicken salad. It's all about me, baby.

By the time we did that and got home, I was almost hysterical. We gimped on inside and I ended up calling Joey to ask where the hell he'd stuck the heating pad from the last time he used it. No idea. And of course, Monkey Man has no clue what one is so asking him for help looking for it was - well, you get the idea.

Joey ended up coming home, and eventually talked me into going to the urgent care place where they hooked me up with some muscle relaxers and steroids too. I should be able to bench press about 500 pounds by the time all this is over when I'm not sleeping.

Today on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being most painful, I'm probably hovering around 8. Progress!

So I'll post pictures and such later on when I'm feeling a tad bit better. I've been sitting upright for about an hour now and it's time to go crank up the heating pad and watch a little TV.

I suck.


Tanaya said...

Oh man, that just sucks. At least you have all of the necessities, though -cake, chicken salad, steriods and muscle relaxers.

joansy said...

Damn. What a welcome home. I hope you're feeling better soon.

g-man said...

Welcome back, I mean home.

Sorry you have a pain in the ass. I can commiserate. Feel better soon.

aimee / greeblemonkey said...

Ack! Poor thing!!