Sunday, December 03, 2006

Prepare for the destruction of the world

The day is finally here. Monkey Man's 5th birthday party. Local law enforcement has been notified and will be on standby just in case things get out of hand.

We're having it at this lovely place - he had his party there two years ago and they really do an excellent job keeping the little darlings occupied. Now, if they had open bar for the parents and WiFi it would be a truly magical place.

Vent du jour - doesn't anyone ever RSVP anymore? Out of 13 kids, only 7 RSVP'd at all. And with my luck, the other 6 kids will actually show up even though we had no confirmation one way or the other. I sucked it up yesterday and made up treat bags for all of the kids just in case...worse case scenario, I know at least one kid has a sibling that will probably get in the mix with the other kids and then he can take one of the bags home. Thanks to Target and The Dollar Spot, I put together some really cute bags with coloring books, crayons, a little wooden tic-tac-toe game (it's like a little wooden board with checker-like X's and O's), a juice box, and some snacks. Ya know, I can understand not RSVP-ing for something like a candle party or something like that, but a kid's birthday party that involves treat bags and stuff like that? Not every parent is going to make enough extras for the 50% of attendees that don't RSVP and show up anyway...so if the kid goes home disappointed with no treat bag...see why this gets me all bent out of shape?

Rant over.

Our friends Flash and Debbie are coming this afternoon after the party with their kids Mark and Matthew. Monkey Man doesn't know about it yet and he will be totally off the hook when they show up. I think we're going to the Japanese steakhouse since we haven't been there in a while, like probably three whole days. Just kidding, I think it was four.

Live streaming updates as they happen. I guess I better get my sorry ass in gear and hop in the shower.

3 comments:

joansy said...

How did it go?
I hope he had a great time.
I'm so with you on the rsvp gig. Last year we went to a place where the kids decorate cakes for S&B's 4th birthday -- we had to order the cakes in advance & specify vanilla or chocolate. Thankfully I ordered 3 extra just in case, but I was still pretty miffed when a 7 year old uninvited sibling showed up & was upset that she couldn't have a chocolate cake.
Uugh.

Tree said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, MM!!!!

I want to hear all about it...

Mitzi Green said...

if you're still alive, i'll buy you a beer.

oh, and email me your address, yo.