Tuesday, December 19, 2006

God, am I boring

You know, I am boring.

There is absofreakinglutely nothing to write about today of any significance.

Three hours of my day was taken up with running Monkey Man to my brother-in-law's office because the cough has gotten worse. Now he has green goo running out of every orifice so it's a good thing we went. Now if we can just get the coughing to stop, we'll be golden.

I didn't even leave the office for lunch today, even though EPOD offered to finally take me out for my birthday. Two weeks late. So maybe missing lunch wasn't a bad thing.

The owner's rep for The Big Job has reared his ugly ratface head again this week. We sent our final invoice to him two weeks ago, and he came back with a list of petty bullshit stuff (like invoices from 2004 that were like $200) that he wants backup for. I am convinced that this job is never going to go away. It's like the old boyfriend that you have that you think you've finally gotten rid of, and then you get that drunk dialing 2 AM phone call? Yeah, it's that annoying.

Christmas shopping is pretty much done. I need to get a few more things, including some stocking stuffer crap and maybe a few more things for Joey. I wrapped most of it last night, and my Penzey's stuff finally came in via Pony Express so I can wrap that stuff tonight and finally hand out my work presents.

Tomorrow I am going to an open house at lunchtime on one of our adaptive reuse projects downtown. I rarely get to venture out of the office these days, so it will be lovely to see the light of day. And maybe, just maybe, I'll have a few minutes to run to the nail place so they can fix my left middle fingernail which snapped off last night. That mother hurts.

And speaking of mothers, The Mama of Builder Mama turned 76 today. In the words of Monkey Man, "Geez, that's OLD."

Overall, I'm just tired. I've taken to coming home every night and putting on my pajamas and crashing the second Monkey Man goes to bed, which is totally unlike me. I wouldn't say I'm depressed, but just slam worn out from the year's events and feeling like I just want someone to take care of me for a little while. Like maybe some warm chocolate pudding and my favorite quilt with the fireplace going and my favorite shows on TV. Not sure when I'll get the opportunity to take that kind of break, but I sure could use one.

And I want to know - where the hell did my Christmas spirit disappear to? And how long has it been missing?

4 comments:

g-man said...

Well for having nuttin' you sure did say a lot :) When I have no substantive information I usually resort to posting a funny picture, of which I have an abundance. Enjoy your lunch out, I can appreciate the fresh air since my desk is in a room with no windows surrounded by a room with no windows. To get any sort of sun or plain daylight I have to go out, do down the hall to the break room, or sit in the handicapped stall on the mens shitter.

MamaMaven said...

I think my Christmas spirit is taking a nap with yours. Thankfully we had Xmas round 1 last weekend in Ohio and don't have to go anywhere for the forseeable future!

Enjoy your jail break today!

hotlipz said...

Open House = good

Mitzi Green said...

i'm with you. i had the house decorated for xmas by 6pm turkey day, had most of my shopping done by the following week, and now i'm ready to pack it all up and say to hell with it for another year. i don't know why. maybe because i have yet to sit back, relax, and take it all in...