Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Puffy, lined, and tired

Pretty much describes me right now. All over.

Had the best night sleep in probably 2 weeks last night and then hit the damn snooze about 5 times before Joey finally kicked my ass out of bed. And par for the course, I had to get Krispy Kremes for a meeting and be at the office by 8:00...can you see where this is going?

I need your help, Internets. Please make my life decisions for me...

1. What dish would you take to a Thanksgiving dinner that is 2 hours away and might not have oven space to reheat it? From the list I saw it looks like most of the basics are covered so pretty much anything is game. And these are older ladies that cook up a storm, so I need something gooood.

2. Anyone have a recommendation for eye cream? That's really what's puffy and lined right now. I've been using Philosophy stuff but it's not cutting it anymore. Nothing too greasy that will give me raccoon eyes by 9 AM, please.

Muchas gracias. Good thing I have y'all to tell me what to do.

6 comments:

Mitzi Green said...

sorry, girlie, i got nothin'. i don't cook and i don't use eye cream because everything i put near my eyes these days seems to irritate the shit out of them. so unless you consider visine "eye cream" (and i'm sure you don't), i can't help there.

hell, if the old women are cooking up a storm, grab a pie from publix and call it a day.

MamaMaven said...

Does it have to be something hot? I'd take a green salad, I have a really good one with mandarin oranges and candied nuts in it if you'd like. How about something for an appetizer like hot pepper or sweet onion jam and cream cheese with crackers on the side?

If you find the perfect eye cream, let me know!

Gretchen said...

I'd go for something cold - think pistashio pudding salad or maybe a ramen noodle salad. I can get you either of the recipes if you'd like.

joansy said...

You know I don't cook, but my sister makes some kind of fantastic artichoke dip - which probably has 8,000 calories per serving with cream cheese & sour cream - and she puts in a crock pot so she can heat w/out the oven.

Good luck!

MPPs Mom said...

I am an appetizer or dessert kind of gal..... I'm bringing pies....already baked pies..... so no oven needed. Or what about a cheese or veggie platter? still qualifies as part of the meal.....

eye cream? I need a whole face cream recommendation. Or maybe just a new face. Maybe I can switch like travolta and cage did in that one movie.
christina000

Esmerelda said...

L'occitaine magic eyes..it's tinted and lovely