Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Back to our regularly scheduled programming

Please, no hate mail

Welcome to the new look of Builder Mama. Yes, I decided to dance with the devil Beta and give this a whirl. I spent most of last night looking for other templates that I liked, tried one out (if you were here between 8 - 10 PM last night, sorry - it probably gave you a horrible headache trying to read anything), and it just didn't gel. It looked great, and was very "architectural" looking, but the layout just didn't work with the text running out into the background and making it hard to read. I was pretty disappointed, but soon solved that with a cookie. I'm easy that way.

And you know, today's a new day. I'm trying really hard to get a fresh start after the chaos of the past two months, so what better way to start than with a new look. Not to mention the fact that after almost two weeks of watching Jetix my brain is kind of morphing into something like cheese so I figured it would give me something that my technologically-challenged mind could work with. Sort of.

Now...I know there's a few of y'all out there that like some of the links that I had up there. If you want me to put them back, just say the word. I'm just trying this layout now, hoping to add a few new peeps to the blogroll, etc. - but it's all about YOU, so let me know if there's one you're missing. 'kay?

*****

Running the numbers

Now that the housekeeping part of this is done, I need to send an enormous shout-out to one of my bestest friends since high school, Shai, and her husband Dave. Shai and Dave welcomed twin girls last Friday, bringing the total to four beautiful little girls in their house. Lucky devils!

Dave's comment in his email? "I'm busy running the numbers on four weddings." Smart man.

*****

Patching the Pimp Mobile

Back when my dad was in the hospital, Joey did a great job holding things together so I could be away helping out my parents. Well, let's just say he got a taste of how many things I handle for our family that he has no idea about...about a week into everything, I got this phone call one night..."Honey, when do you think you might be able to come home? I'm exhausted. This weekend we went to the grocery store twice, went to CVS, tae kwan do...." Um, that sums up about 15 minutes of my daily existence. But I digress.

One Saturday Joey and Monkey Man came out of tae kwan do to find a nervous-looking dude standing by the Pimp Mobile. Turns out the jackass had hit it coming into the next parking spot, doing about $3K in damage. To do that kind of damage, he was either driving about 60 mph when he hit the truck, or we drive a rare sportscar...you can guess which scenario fits here. And it's not the sportscar.

Anyhow, the insurance companies worked everything out and we finally got permission to take the Pimp Mobile in for repairs. And look at what we got to drive:


Aren't you jealous? That thing was suh-weeet!
Seriously, that wasn't it. But it might as well have been, because guess what we got as a rental car?
A Dodge Charger.
All we needed was to paint it orange and give Bo and Luke a call.
I think Joey secretly liked it, though. Hopefully the Pimp Mobile will hang in there so we don't end up with the General Lee parked in our driveway.

3 comments:

joansy said...

I like the new look! And the car is very funny.

Tanaya said...

That car reminds me of the time that Mister took his very own pimp mobile for repairs and they sent home with a Crown Vic to drive. My grandma used to have one just like it.

Gretchen said...

looks good to me!

The car too...