Saturday, July 01, 2006

Restless

Have you ever had one of those days when you felt like you were going to jump out of your own skin?

That's my day today. Awake at 6 AM, ran up to Starbucks for my usual breakfast and then cleaned out drawers all morning while Joey played golf with a friend of mine from work and Monkey Man reenacted the entire Power Rangers Dino Thunder series. I started with the huge junk drawer in the kitchen, and it grew from there. Now I have all of the kitchen straightened up, and my dresser in our bedroom is almost completely done too except for some old checks from our previous address that need to be shredded. I threw away two trash bags full of stuff like receipts, socks that had no match, etc.

I was hoping to go buy myself a mountain bike today and it didn't work out...we had to take Monkey Man to tae kwan do, home for nap, and by the time he got up and Joey was finished cutting the grass, the damn bike store was closed. Yeah, I know we could go up to Costco or Dick's and buy one, but if something goes wrong with it I'd rather have a local place that will fix it and do free yearly checks. And of course, they're closed on Sundays. I am majorly bummed out that I won't be able to ride in the morning like I had planned.

The other planned event for the day, going to our ghetto-fabulous zoo, was postponed until Tuesday in favor of the golf outing.

I have been like a caged tiger all day - pacing through the house, starting little projects, took Monkey Man for two walks, pulled weeds in the front yard, and even took Rufus the legless wonder for a walk too. I even worked on my abs for almost 30 minutes. And I still feel like I haven't done a damn thing all day.

In all honesty, in the old days I would've laid on the couch all day or played with Monkey Man, but I think all this exercise I've been getting over the past few months (and the fact that I've ramped it up a bit recently in hopes of reducing my work stress) has given me boundless energy. Whereas I used to pass out on the couch by 9 PM every night, now at 11 PM I'm bright-eyed and usually I'm awake at least once during the night, unable to sleep. Sleeping until 6 AM on a weekend is "sleeping in" nowadays. And the worst part is that I actually feel well-rested. How weird is that?

I guess I shouldn't complain, but geez...if tomorrow is like today, I'm going to be one irritable bitch. Either that or our bathroom will get repainted. Not sure which is the better plan of action. I think Joey personally would rather I be a bitch than paint, but that's just a guess.

No comments: