Monday, May 22, 2006

If my ass didn’t hurt so bad, I could probably think better

I am sore from head to toe from yesterday’s feat of athleticism. So sore that I could barely walk today despite dosing up with Aleve and getting a decent night of sleep last night. So tonight is going to be one of those wonderfully lame hit-and-run nights…

*****

Someone get this man some Prozac, please

Well, this is going to be yet another wonderful week at work. Our client from that huge project I finished last October decided to enforce their contractual right to conduct a full financial audit of the project. An audit of $40 million of crap. The auditor showed up around 1 PM today, and after talking to him for a few minutes I went into Eeyore’s office and said, “Geez, he seems like a really nice guy.”

“Yeah,” said Eeyore, “They usually are really nice while they’re sticking it to you.”

See why I love working for him? Little Mr. Ray of Sunshine, that boss o' mine.

*****

And the service is great too, I bet

Yesterday, as I was waiting in the pack for the 10K to begin, I noticed a group of BMW motorcycles coming up the street one by one. I remembered that my friend M, who drives a BMW motorcycle, has his BMW club meetings in that area on the third Sunday of every month.

The odd thing about all this – they have it in a well-known lesbian bar. Guy bikers. In a lesbian bar. Okay, I'm kind of naive, but I thought this was kind of an odd choice.

I asked him what in the heck made them pick the place, and in typical guy fashion he replied, “The food is pretty good and they cut us a hell of a deal on renting the place for 2 hours.” That, and I guess the bikers’ wives don’t have to worry about them getting hit on by the waitresses or anything.

*****

Why couldn’t he pick something quieter like a teddy bear?

Andy the Dinosaur is continuing his reign of terror in the house. Yesterday, the tag on his leg was bothering him so Monkey Man deemed that the tag needed instantaneous amputation. I avoided it and thankfully, he eventually forgot about it. I know it’s stupid, but I can’t bear to cut those tags off of Andy’s legs.

Tonight, Monkey Man announced that Andy is sick and will need to go to the Dinosaur Doctor. Where I’m going to find one, I don’t know - and I’m not sure if our insurance will cover a hypochondriac stegosaurus. The HMO plan might, but I’m not switching for that damn dinosaur.

*****

Stalker Mama

Tonight as I was checking my usual blogs, I found that one of my favorite bloggers, The Letter D, gave me a shout-out on his blogroll. If you haven't checked him out, you definitely should drop by there. His post on Manties absolutely killed me and is one of my all-time favorites. Thanks, D, for adding me, it's an honor because I love your writing...and I was serious when I said that I love you. Not in a stalker kind of way, of course. Really.

*****

G'night all. Off to overdose on some more Aleve and hopefully get a better night of sleep tonight.

1 comment:

The Letter D said...

I'm glad you caught my shout out. I enjoy your blog as well.

Thanks for the love. And the drinks will be on me.