Monday, April 03, 2006

Sometimes it pays not to sit next to Monkey Man at dinner

Tonight we decided to meet at the local Mexican place for a quick dinner, especially since Mondays are Power Rangers Mystic Force night and we must be home in time or the dark forces will take over the planet. And I'm not talking about the plotline for the show, if you catch my drift.

Typically we take turns sitting next to Monkey Man when we go out to eat. He is a really loving little guy and half of the time he wants to lay his head on your arm or hug on you while you’re trying to eat. Yes, it’s very cute but it’s really like having a sloth dangling off of your arm - but he is not quite as smelly as a sloth. Or so I hear.

Lucky Joey drew the Monkey Man Dining Partner card tonight. As we were finishing up and getting ready to go, I glance across the table and catch Monkey Man getting ready to pinch Joey’s nipple….

Me: Boy, what are you doing to Daddy?

Monkey Man: I’m twisting his nipple.

Me: (trying not to laugh) Why are you doing that to your poor Daddy?

Monkey Man: Because I wanted to see what would happen.

What happened was the worst look of embarrassment and disgust on Joey’s face. And a huge look of relief on mine coupled with hoots of laughter.

After the day that I had today, the last thing I needed was Monkey Man twisting my nipple and yelling “Is this thing on? Hello?” Thanks, Joey, for taking one for the team. Really. My nipples and I thank you.

No comments: